Saturday, August 16, 2008

8 for 8

Well first of all, not fashion related, but congratulations to Michael Phelps, eh? Freaking crazy xD;; So anyways, today's outfit was a purple tanktop from Old Navy and skirt...also from Old Navy, but considerably older.

I believe I've had it for at least 3 years. :o I like it though. It has a very nice shape to it and swings around :) The only drawback is that it might fly up when there is wind...
The corset/bodice I made. It was an experiment, and I used the pattern from reddawn.net and added the darts. Darts didn't come out too well...but at least now I have an idea of how to make a simple bodice.
This is what my goal is...to make a full bodiced dress :D Lol i just tucked a skirt part of a dress that I took apart to give a general idea xD;
Okok and this next piece totally made my day. My friend who is going off to college came by to drop off Portal for me, and also gave me a drawing and a necklace x) It was a project he and his friend did in Japan, when they stopped by for a glassblowing workshop. :o Whee I like the color ;) It's a bit dark in the picture, but I guess depending on the lighting, it could be dark purple or see-through pinkish. =]

No comments: